Is it just me, or do you like to let awards pile up and complete a collection of them?
Anyway, like I said, I don’t really like writing a post with just one award. But, with 5+ awards? Sure. Let’s do this thing.
Anyway, I have a whole lot of awards to do, so I’ve kind of been
dreading *ahem* putting off this post. But, here it is!
future diamond here. this is a long post. very long. take breaks. have a snack. just…be prepared for a long post. also, i think after this i’m going to quit doing awards. y’all can still tag me and i’ll definitely appreciate it!
The first award I have for you today is the Awesome Blogger Award!
- Thank the person who nominated you. (Thanks Jasmin!)
- Tag the post with the #awesomebloggeraward.
- Answer the questions you where asked.
- Nominate at least 5 bloggers and inform them of their nomination.
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Ooh, that’s hard. I think I would probably go with potato soup or meatloaf.
- Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
Um, well Diamond is kind of a nickname…
- Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
Um, to be honest, I could probably go without anything. I’m going to say electronics, though I have done it before. I just don’t like to.
- In the evening, would you rather play a game, visit a relative, watch a movie, or read?
Hm, I like all of these really. Lately I would say reading though, I think.
- Is there anything you wished would come back into fashion?
To be honest, I don’t care all that much about what’s currently in fashion. I’d still wear whatever I like. I wish dresses were easier to find though. Umm, maybe jeans with patches? I need to make a pair with all of my Marvel patches.
- Which of the five senses would you say is your strongest?
- On a scale of 1-10 how funny would you say you are?
Um, 5? A lot of times when I’m funny I’m just referencing something or copying someone else.
- Who knows you the best?
Myself. To be honest, I don’t really feel like anyone knows me too well.
- Your worst pet peeve?
I don’t really know…
Probably when people say they’ll do one thing and then don’t do it?
- Do you have a catchphrase you say often? If so, what is it?
Basically any Marvel reference.
1. Display the blog award logo in your blog.
2. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
3. Do not forget to link to their blogging website.
4. Answer all the questions they have given you.
5. Nominate 7 to 10 bloggers of your choice.
6. Ask them 7 questions.
1.What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
Um, I can’t think of anything. I really like Morrocan food though.
2.Do you like sports?
Not really. Sometimes I like to watch basketball though.
3.What is your favorite Bible verse or inspiring quote?
Hmm, good question!
I like this one that I found on Pinterest a while ago.
4.What is one thing God has been teaching you through this time?
Um, I don’t know. I guess just that even though some things are changing, some things will always stay the same.
5.Favorite thing to blog about?
I’ve really enjoed making book posts lately. But then, I’ve always enjoyed blogging about stuffed animals.
6.Do enjoy reading?
Fun fact, I didn’t really like reading until last year. But now, I’ve read a lootttt. So yes, I enjoy reading.
7.Do you have any stuffed animals?
No, what makes you think that?
Next, I have the Happy Not Birthday Award! lrose5 nominated me for this one.
- You must list the Award logo and rules.
- You must thank who ever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the maker of the Award, (A n a).
- You can say the date of your birthday, but its optional.
- You must say the top three things you like to do on your birthday.
- You must answer the five questions your nominator asked you.
- Nominate 5 bloggers and provide a link to their blogs as well.
- Ask your nominees five questions, (preferable to do with birthdays).
- You can repeat questions if you want, but not all.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on one of their posts/pages.
Top 3 Things to do on my Birthday
- Eat cake
- Open presents
- Go out to eat
- What is the best gift you’ve ever gotten for your birthday?
That would probably be my DSLR camera I got last year.
- How do you celebrate birthdays?
Normally it’s just me and my family, but sometimes I invite people over. We normally have cake and go out to eat too.
- Do you eat cookie dough on your birthday?
Um, not really. I’m not the biggest fan of cookie dough. I like chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream though!
- What would you do if you woke up on your birthday to find out that every one forgot it was your birthday?
Nothing probably. I could use that later…
- When was your best birthday?
Probably last year. My grandma was in town, and I had some friends over. It was also the year I got my DSLR.
Then, I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award. This was also from Haley.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog (see above)
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well (This award was created by Okoto Enigmas.)
- Answer the 5 questions you were asked
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things About Me
- I’ve been blogging for a very long time. Like, since 2014.
- I’ve had an annual pass to both Disney and Universal.
- I have 2 dogs, Rocket and Chap.
What is one blogging goal you have not achieved?
Making 500 posts on one blog. I’m getting close though!
How has blogging changed you/your life?
Oh my gosh! I don’t even know how to begin. I’m a better writer, I bullet journal, I read more…
But also, I would probably have done some of those things anyway.
Do you have any pen pals? If so, how many?
Though, I did write a letter today for a girls camp through my church. We’ll see what happens!
What is your favorite non-fiction book?
Have you ever eaten peanut butter on potato chips? What about chocolate on potato chips?
Okay, now we’re going to do the Outstanding Blogger Award. Esther and Kaelyn nominated me for this one.
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (Make sure to check out the original award post here!)
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you, can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
- What’s your favorite mythical animal?
Does Groot count?
- When was the last time you saw something that made you think you were dreaming?
Like, you mean in actual dream? I really don’t remember.
- What’s your favorite Disney movie?
I really like Enchanted.
- Do you like pickles?
No, not really.
- How long have you been blogging?
For about 6 years.
- What’s your least favorite pizza topping?
Green and Red peppers. They’re impossible to pick off.
- What would you say is your life verse/motto?
I Have 12% of a Plan!
- Pickle snowcone? It’s a real thing!!
Ewwww! As I said above, I don’t like pickles.
- Do you ever want to try sky diving?
I’m kind of a scaredy-cat wheb it comes to that sort of thing. I can’t say I’d pass it up if I ever had that opportunity though.
- What is your favorite joke or pun?
Ugh, I’m bad at thinking of these! I really couldn’t tell you.
- Favorite meme?
This one. It’s definitely true.
- Do you like to cook or bake? If so, what is your favorite thing to bake or cook. If not, then why.
Typically I wouldn’t, but I have been doing it more often in quarantine. Probably cookies.
- What is the most interesting job ( made-up or real) that you can think of?
Erm, well I would really like to blog for a living. But, I suppose that isn’t the most interesting.
I think being an author is interesting because you have to research lots of different things.
- Do you like to play video games?
Yep! (LEGO Video Games are the best!)
Finally, I was nominated for the Avid Reader Award by Kaelyn.
- Display the blog award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Do not forget to link their blogging website.
- List your favorite five books.
- Answer all the questions they gave you.
- Nominate four bloggers of your choice.
- Ask them ten questions.
My 5 Favorite Books/Series
Oof, this is hard. I’ve basically only read 5 book series’s! I’m just going to pick 3, because I don’t think some of the series’s I’ve read would be top 5 once I read more.
- The Lunar Chronicles (This is pretty much always going to be up here)
- KOTLC (I’ve only read a fraction of the series, but it’s fantastic!)
- Caraval (It’s so atmospheric!)
- Favorite book genre?
- If you could meet any author, who would it be?
Ooh, that’s hard. I guess Marissa Meyer, because I love her books.
- If you could go inside a book world for a day, where would it be?
The Caraval world seems pretty cool. It’s also not super dangerous(for a side character).
- Do you like comic books? If so, what is your favorite comic?
No. It just seems overwhelming to get into comics.
- Book or e-book?
Physical books! I just prefer them so much.
- How many books do you read each year?
Okay, so I read like 5 books last year, but I’ve read about 30 or so this year already. So, anywhere from 5-60?
- What is the most adventurous book you have ever read?
Ummm, I don’t really know! I guess KOTLC is kinda adventurous.
- The slowest book you have ever read?
The Hobbit. I didn’t hate it, but it really drug on.
- Do you like to ship other characters together?
- How long does it normally take you to read a normal sized chapter book?
Um, it probably takes about 5-7 days to read a 400-500 page book. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
I was nominated for the Food Award by Kaelyn!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Pingback to the creator, Elisha at https://africaboy.home.blog/
- Use the same featured image as your nominator.
- Answer the five questions.
- Create five questions about food.
- Nominate five people
- Smoothie or milk shake?
Um, I’m going to go with a milkshake.
- When was the last time you at a restaurant?
Actually, I was at one last week!
- Favorite food to make?
- Do you like nutella?
Yeah, I like it a good amount.
- Favorite condiment?
Uhhhhhh, Mayonnaise? (I don’t think I spelled that quite right. After this many awards I don’t really care…)
I was also nominated for this by Haley!
- Hot Dogs or Brats?
Well, I can’t say that I’ve ever had brats. But I definitely don’t like hot dogs.
- Your opinion on cheese?
I like it! My favorite is probably provolone. Cheddar is overrated.
- Do you like salad?
Yes! As long as it has some protein in it though. Like cheese or ham.
- When was the last time you had soup?
Erm, well to be honest I think I’m having that tonight.
- Have you ever grown your own food? (like, a garden)
Not really. I’ve planted spices and stuff before, but it’s never worked out.
Next, I was nominated for the Sunshine Award by Morgan. Let’s get into it!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your blog post.
- What is something huge you’ve accomplished that when you look back on, you are incredibly proud of?
Blogging for…6 years! I mean, I haven’t always been consistent or anything, but wow! 6 years is a long time.
- Something you absolutely have to do before you die?
I mean, I don’t really have a bucket list or anything, but I would really like to travel across the country.
- Biggest regret in the last month/year/your entire life?
Putting off this post for so long… *grins*
- What is something you would love to do, but you are too scared to do it?
Move out. *heh heh*
- What is something you admire that other people can do, but you can’t? (It can be about their personality or an actual skill.)
Drawing! I think so many people are good artists, and then I’m over here like, does this drawing of a stick figure look okay?
- Go-to outfit?
A Marvel T-Shirt and Yoga pants. I probably wear something like that every day.
- What does your dream room look like?
Um, well I would have a desk, bookcases, walk-in closet, it wouldn’t be hot pink, and I would probably also have a bathroom attached to my bedroom. But I’ve already done a post on that. I’ll leave a link to it if I’ve already posted it, because honestly I can’t remember.
- What is the first thing you would do if you were the opposite gender? (Lol for me, it’s running at night . . .)
Probably try to figure out how to switch back.
- Favorite song to jam to in the car?
Just one? How about Levitating by Dua Lipa?
- What moment in your life would you love to go back and re-live?
Probably one of my trips to Disney World. I miss it so much! And, I’m afraid it won’t be the same whenever we are able to return…
- Where would you absolutely love to be right now?
^Disney World =)
I was also nominated for this award by Diya. Thanks Diya!
What is your favorite food and why?
I loooove potato soup. It just tastes so good!
What inspired you to start blogging?
Well, I was initially entered the blogosphere to make and share AG crafts. That never really worked out for me, so eventually I started a Build a Bear blog and then this one!
If you could travel to any place in the world, what would it be?
Right now I would want to go on a cross-country trip across the US.
If you become famous one day, what do you think it would be for?
Publishing a book.
Do you speak any languages other than English?
Who is your hero or inspiration?
Ummmm, I don’t really know.
What would you change about yourself if you could?
What is your biggest fear?
Okay, so I’m apparently both afraid of everything and nothing simultaneously.
What is your favorite childhood dish?
Potato soup again. Or, maybe Mac and Cheese.
What is your proudest accomplishment?
Blogging for so long!
Would you rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? Why?
I mean, it depends on how much you get from the lottery. Like, you could get $50. If I got a ton of money, I’d chose the lottery. Because, even the perfect job is still a job. But, if it was just a couple million or something, I’d chose the job, because it would last longer.
FINALLY, I was nominated for the Quarantine Tag by Enni!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Put the Quarantine Tag image in your post somewhere
- Answer the questions or manipulate them to fit your COVID-19 circumstances
- Nominate at least 3 people
- Have fun!
What’s the first thing you want to do once quarantine is fully over?
GO TO FLORIDA (preferrably once we don’t need to wear masks anywhere bc I don’t want to be in 100+ degree weather in a mask)
How did you spend quarantine?
Reading a lot. Also going grocery shopping often.
What’s the most effective thing you’ve done during quarantine?
Well, I went through some makeup. Apparently I had like 5 dried up eyeliners. Ew. Also, we painted our kitchen!
What is the most interesting that’s happened to you?
Erm, we got an Xbox!
Your Daily Routine Nowadays:
It really hasn’t changed much.
Has quarantine become normal? Why or why not?
No. I mean, I’m used to being at home a lot, but my dad is usually at work, there are normally errands to run… I don’t like it.
Did quarantine have a positive or negative effect on you?
Negative. I just feel a lot worse mentally and it’s probably going to take a really long time for things to get back to normal, and I don’t like it, and I just simultaneously never want to leave my house again and travel the world. Also, I’m pretty sure I stopped making any sense like 5 awards ago.
Okay, so you may have noticed how I didn’t nominate anyone or come up with any questions. Well, for one I think the questions that my nominators made were pretty good.
Also I’m lazy. So, whoever does these awards can just use those questions again.
Ah, my least favorite part of awards. Nominating others. (It’s really hard to know who has and hasn’t been nominated!)
I’m going to do something different than usual. Let’s try this. I’m going to just talk about some bloggers who have been inspirations to me and some of the friends that I’ve met throughout my blogging years. (These are in no particular order)
Madison – Your blog was the first blog I ever commented on! It’s crazy to think that that was basically 5+ years ago. I don’t think you typically do awards, but that’s okay! I didn’t want to leave you out in my appreciations!
Megan – Your blog is also one of the first ones I really followed. You were one of my first followers too, remember that? I do. Your support really meant a lot to me back then. I still get really excited whenever you post, even if I don’t really follow a lot of dolls blogs anymore.
Sarah – Goodness Sarah! You’re probably like my #1 follower and blog friend. We have so much in common, but there are also some differences. (like how you’re amazing at drawing and singing and just about everything)
McKayla – Again, you were one of my first serious commenters. I think you said something sweet about all of my Camp Happy Heart posts last year. Which, is definitely no small feat. I probably made 50+ posts during that time frame. Anyway, I definitely appreciate you girl!
Kaelyn – Kaelyn is literally the sweetest blogger that there is. Seriously. I think she calls me friend or sister in every. single. comment. Which is a considerable amount. She also is a fellow stuffie blogger, so I’ve had the opportunity to collab with her a lot. I’m really grateful for that opportunity. Basically, if you aren’t following either of Kaelyn’s blogs, you’re really missing out.
Emmie – Emmie! I know we don’t necessarily comment on each other’s post all the time or anything, but clearly we read them! I just remember the post we made for the IH12OP blog tour that you wrote and you basically got the Stones personalities spot-on. That’s really all a writer can hope for. And, when you do comment on my posts(which I have noticed you’ve been doing that more often!) you’re always super duper sweet.
Liberty – Ooh, I remember when your blog was just a baby! (sorry if that’s weird;) But seriously, I’m pretty sure I was your first follower. Your blog definitely needed a little fine tuning back then, but you’ve grown so much! I’m so proud of where you’ve gotten too, and I’m pretty sure you’ve surpassed me in followers now. You go girl.
Enni – How can I leave out THE Blanket Burrito? Anyway, I’ve also had the pleasure to collab with Enni a few times, and she really is a blanket burrito. Her blog is just so warm and cozy, and I’m not really capable of descibing it(and you call yourself a writer Diamond). Anyway, her posts always make me smile.
Oof, I wasn’t planning to get sappy. Anyway, please don’t feel bad if your name was not on that list! I wanted to keep it somewhat short, since there’s no way to thank all of you. However, if you want me to say what I think about you, just tell me in the comments and I will.
I hope you enjoyed this (rather long) post!