Hey guys! It’s officially summer! (In my mind, summer starts in June…)
Since I won’t have to deal with the stressors of school…I plan to do a lot of reading. My goal is to read 25 books in June, July and August. At the beginning of June, I’ve completed 60 books in 2022. So by September 1st, hopefully I’ll have read at least 85! Does that sound like a lot? Yes, it does. Especially since my goal for this year was only 24 books.
Anyway, here’s a list of books I want to read this summer. Now, I probably won’t get to all these, so this is more of just a list of books I want to read soon rather than a TBR. But nonetheless, I was excited to make this post and I think you guys will enjoy reading. Enough rambling…let’s get started!
Firstly, I have Jane Eyre. I’ve already started this one, so hopefully, I finish it this summer. It is pretty thick though…
There are some series I’d like to continue this summer. I’m going to list them here.
- Percy Jackson (I’ve read the first two, hoping to at least read book three)
- The False Prince (I’ve only read the first one, but I’m dying to continue!)
- The Villians Ever After (So, this is a twelve book series. I’m currently on book 6, but I have the goal to finish the whole series this summer? They are pretty short books, so maybe!)
- Betsy-Tacy (This one’s a children’s classic…I’m on book 3 now.)
- Nevermoor (I checked out the second book from the library, though I’m also not really into it right now? We’ll see if I end up reading it.)
- The Twisted Tales (I love Disney series! I’ve read 5 of these, and I’m hoping to read three this summer. I want to read Reflection, Straight On Till Morning, and So This Is Love.)
- LOTR (I only have the last book…but it’s so intimidating!)
- AGGGTM (I recently bought the second book and I can’t wait to read it.)
- Six of Crows (I recently read the first book and while it wasn’t my favorite, I do want to continue with the last book.
I really want to start the Ember in the Ashes series. I’ve been wanting to for a couple years now.
More series to start include The Hazel Wood, Legend, and The Remnant Chronicles.
I also want to read A Tale of Two Cities. I got a really pretty edition from Barnes and Noble recently.
As far as classics go, I’d also like to read a book by Agatha Christie, Peter Pan, and possibly The Great Gatsby.
Next, I have a mix of some different genres that are different than my usual reads. Some contemporary, including Instructions for Dancing, Love and Gelato, and Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour.
For mystery, I have All of This Is True.
As for historical fiction, I’d like to read The Fountains of Silence.
I’m not sure where this book fits in, but I got it for free last year! It’s called Mara, Daughter of the Nile. It seems pretty summery.
This last category is for self-published books! Sometimes those are my favorites, plus I still have Kindle Unlimited so I can get a lot of them for free on there.
As you can see in the photo, I have Evalene’s Number. I’d also like to try Meet Me at the Summit, Porch Swing Girl, The Mystery Princess, The Seven Years Princess, Kingdom of Beauty, Seeds of Glory and Ruin, and Pirouette.
Whew! That was a lot of books. *counts* That’s 40 books, assuming I counted correctly. I probably won’t get to all of them.
Let me know what you’re planning to read this summer! And let me know if you’ve read any of these books. And, I just realized that I didn’t include the authors on this list, so if you’d like to know the authors, just ask me in the comments.